Chiropractic Care for Runners
Running can keep your body healthy and your mind clear, but it does place a lot of stress on the joints. The impact with each footfall can place a lot of pressure on your feet, ankles, knees, and hips. Over time, this stress on the body can lead to serious pain and discomfort, which is when it’s a good idea to visit Dr. Mark Williams and his team.
Texas Injury Clinic serves the entire Dallas-Fort Worth, TX area, offering advanced chiropractic care and sports medicine services. We focus on pain relief as well as injury prevention, which is why chiropractic care can benefit runners. Whether you’re a professional runner or simply run to stay active and fit, our team can help address pain and injuries you experience.
Common Injuries Runners Experience
Runners can experience all sorts of conditions and injuries, but these tend to be the most common:
- Achilles Tendonitis - This condition is the irritation and inflammation of the Achilles tendon, which connects the calf muscle to your heel.
- Hamstring Injuries - Many runners pull, tear, or otherwise injure the muscles along the backs of their thighs.
- Plantar Fasciitis - This heel pain involves the tissue that connects the heel to the toes, and is very common among runners.
- Runner’s Knee - Given the stress on the knees while running, it’s no surprise that runners will experience pain in that joint.
- Shin Splints - Stress on the shin and its surrounding muscles and tissues can lead to this common runner injury.
- Sprained Ankles - Rolling an ankle during a run can be painful and require some professional attention.
While these injuries may not be that serious, they can keep you off your feet for a while, which is why professional care may be just what you need.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
Regular chiropractic adjustments can help ensure your spine is in proper alignment and that your joints are functioning properly. This can improve mobility and flexibility while relieving pain. Chiropractic services may be essential for recovering from a hard run or a long-distance run, allowing you to return to training and your normal fitness routine sooner rather than later.
Creating a Treatment Plan for Your Needs
As part of the consultation process, we can develop a chiropractic treatment plan just for your needs. This means really focusing in on problems areas and addressing your specific injuries. This is the type of close attention to your injuries and the condition of your joints will promote greater overall wellness.
Discussing Running Gear, Nutrition, and Preventive Care
In addition to in-office chiropractic care and pain relief, we can also focus on other aspects of wellness that can impact your joints. This includes a discussion of your running shoes, your training frequency, and your diet. Making smart changes to various aspects of your lifestyle could help with pain relief while also preventing serious injuries in the future. This is another important aspect of our approach to health and wellness.
Contact a Skilled Chiropractor
If you live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and want more information about chiropractic services for runners and athletes, be sure to contact a skilled chiropractor and pain relief specialist. You can reach Texas Injury Clinic by phone at (817) 624-7222.