Chiropractic Care for Athletes: Why It’s Common Sense
If you play sports at any level and do so regularly, you know that the gradual wear and tear of athletic competition will take its toll on your body. Joints may become stiff, muscle pain may be an issue, and your ability to perform at peak levels is impacted as a result. This is the reality of pushing yourself to the limit.
Thankfully, there are ways that pain can be managed and minimized, and joints can be adjusted to restore flexibility and overall mobility. Chiropractic services at our Fort Worth, TX center may be the answer. For perspective, all teams in the NFL work with chiropractors in order for players to receive much needed adjustments during training and between games. Let’s consider the benefits of chiropractic care for athletes.
Help for All Kinds of Athletes
Anyone who plays sorts can benefit from chiropractic adjustments. That includes people in contact sports such as football and hockey, combat sports like boxing and MMA, and even non-contact sports that put strain on your body, such as basketball, baseball, tennis, fencing, and gymnastics.
This just goes to show that chiropractic adjustment isn’t just for the musclebound or people who experience collisions and impacts as part of their passion. Everyone can benefit from chiropractic adjustment, bringing their game to the next level.
Sports Injuries That We Can Treat
Some common sports injuries that chiropractors treat on a routine basis include:
- Neck and Back Pain - Whatever part of your spine is affected, a chiropractic adjustment can offer much needed pain relief. This typically leads to improved motion, mobility, and performance as well.
- Shoulder Pain - Shoulders can get stiff and lock up after intense competition. A chiropractic adjustment can help loosen up the shoulder joint and restore your range of motion.
- Knee Pain - Your knees can take a lot of impact during competition, especially if you are in a sports that involves sudden landings and explosive movements for speed and power. Chiropractic care can help reduce knee Ain and minimize knee stiffness.
- Ankle Pain - Ankle sprains are a hazard across all sorts of sports, and repeated injuries can lead to stiffness and soreness. Chiropractic care can enhance ankle function.
- Headaches - Blows to the head and stress on the body can all manifest themselves into various kinds of headaches. Chiropractic adjustment has been shown to help with headache management and prevention.
Non-Invasive Treatment without Pain Medication
Pain relievers can be helpful to a degree, but they only help relieve a symptom of a sports injury rather than treating the root cause. Rather than rely on pain medication, chiropractic care offers treatment for the source of your pain and seeks to address this matter directly. This means less reliance on drugs to get through the pain.
Preventative Aspects to Regular Chiropractic Care
People who undergo regular chiropractic care have bodies that function at high levels of efficiency. Joints move better, flexibility is improved, and overall strength and wellness is enhanced. These benefits can all help prevent future injuries, and can similarly reduce instances of pain or stiffness from normal competition.
Relaxation and Stress Relief
Most people who undergo chiropractic adjustments note feelings of relaxation from treatment. This stress relief aspect of chiropractic care is important to note, and can help you find ways of achieving stillness and greater focus outside of competition. These benefits to mental well-being combined with physical health can wind up taking your game to the next level.
Contact Texas Injury Clinic
For more information about chiropractic care to help with sport injuries, be sure to contact our team of sport injury specialists. We look forward to your visit and discussing these matters in much greater detail.